Built in 1846 by George Milton
the Mill was first used as a cotton
textile mill and later as a cold storage
facility for the area's apple farmers. Except for a short period, the Mill has been in continuous use since 1846.
Today the Mill has been restored
refurbished, and once again continues
to play an important role in the
commerce of Putnam and the surrounding area.